How to File a Claim for Reimbursement with UHCSR

Most claims will be automatically filed by your healthcare provider. 

In the event that you are required to file a claim yourself (reimbursement for out-of-pocket charges from approved facilities, e.g. vaccinations or birth control) we have simplified the process for you as UnitedHealthcare Student Resources (UHCSR) does not require students to submit claim forms. 

  1. Update your Mailing Address with UIUC.
    • Your address must be a US mailing address to receive your reimbursement check.
  2. Create your MyAccount and print your health insurance card for this academic year (below).
  3. Make a copy of your statement from McKinley Health Center or the medical facility/physician where you received services.
  4. Return to “MyAccount” click on “Submit Claim”, then click Ok. Follow instructions provided.

Video from UHC to help you visualize the process.

UnitedHealthCare Account