The University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign works year-round to provide Student Health Insurance to over 20,000 students and dependents. We are proud to offer one of the most comprehensive, affordable health insurance plans in the Big 10.
Health care costs have continued to rise, making student insurance more important than ever. The charges associated with treatment of a serious illness or injury can be catastrophic and have the potential to permanently derail a student's academic progress and overall college experience.
The University of Illinois has partnered with UnitedHealthcare to process the comprehensive, major-medical plan we offer to students. From prescription drugs to mental health care, inpatient surgical care to outpatient and emergency services, our plan has our students covered.
The Student Health Insurance office on the UIUC campus is prepared to address questions related to coverage, enrollment process, opt-out process, and facilitate resolution to more complicated situations.
Student Health Insurance Advisory Committee (SHIAC)
- SHIAC is the advisory body for the Student Health Insurance office.
- Participate in the review and selection of the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Evaluate and advise changes to policies and services related to the Student Health Insurance office.
- Facilitate interactions among SHIAC, student represented bodies, and University administration.
- Communicate and clarify information about the SHIPs and concepts in order to educate a broad base of students on the importance and availability of health insurance.
If you are interested in joining SHIAC, or providing input to the committee, please contact email@example.com.